Thursday, December 21, 2006

More X-Rays

Dr. Mariano, a colleague of Dr. Rosen who takes her patients if they have to be seen on Thursday, felt that Mom could have a hairline clavicular fracture, so off we went for another x-ray, this time not of her shoulder but of her neck.
He also ordered ice three times per day on her sore area.
By this time we are great friends with the entire staff of the lab where x-rays, CT scans, blood draws, and other such tests take place.
The x-ray technician said he didn't see a break, and sure enough, we got a phone call from the doctor later confirming the good news.
Or was it bad news? I had spent several hours checking out this lump that turned out to be nothing.
I drove some items to the rehab place for my daughter Ellen and then drove to the airport to pick up my mother-in-law. Not looking good for getting any of my own Christmas cards in the mail.

No comments: