Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An LBD Diagnosis at Age 55

One reader shared the following comment on this blog (on the Halloween entry):

"I too, am a full time care giver for a Lewy Bodies sufferer. I have been looking for others who are dealing with this miserable disease. My life partner of 25 years, aged 55, was diagnosed with early onset in February. I think we have been dealing with the disease for about 4 years and didn't know what it was. I would welcome sharing with others episodes of the "adventure" we are on."

My heart goes out to this caregiver. What a difficult journey. To all of us merely caring for a parent, let's hold in our prayers those who are faced with this diagnosis in a partner and at an earlier stage of life.

I invite this caregiver to share any episodes, ups and downs, as comments on this entry. If you decide to start your own blog, I will certainly put a link to it here.

Others are invited to share comments as well.

1 comment:

Novabella said...

My dad has LBD and my mom is his main source of support. My husband and I lurk in the background, helping out when we can. Yes, it is an adventure indeed. Dad is/was very technically minded and very good on the computer. Now he struggles with the computer and he obsesses about technical things. He can get most things apart but cannot put them back together. This makes for interesting scenarios say, when plumbing is involved. Thank God my husband is handy and patient. I could go on and on but just wanted to give the lady who wrote in some empathy. I see how my parents are living out their marriage right now and whatever my sadness or grief or bewilderment about what my father is going through, it pales compared to my mother's 24/7 experience with this strange, confused, smart, funny, short-tempered, difficult man who my father has become.

Nova